|Back to List of Job Openings|
|STEAM Instructors & Assistant Instructors -- TechShop Mid-Peninsula|
|Location: Redwood City, CA|
|Job Number: STEAM-MP|
TechShop Mid-Peninsula is looking for engaging, experienced STEAM instructors and assistant STEAM instructors to teach classes to children aged 8-17. Our instructors and instructor assistants are the gateway to teaching children in a fun and healthy environment. STEAM Instructors may have the possibility to teach classes to adults if they express interest.
|The ideal candidates will have teaching experience, good interpersonal skills, and work well with many different kinds of children. Afternoon and weekend availability is preferred. Teaching hours will range from 12 or more hours per month (based on availability and schedule). |
- Start and end class in a punctual manner
- Teach class content, as directed and in a fun and safe way
- Teach and demonstrate TechShop safety rules, policies and etiquette
- Inspire and encourage children
- Promote TechShop STEAM programs/classes/camps at the end of class to parents
- Talk to children's parents and handle concerns
- Background check is required
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Knowledge of basic electronics
- Familiar with 2D and 3D design software
- Volunteer experience or experience teaching children
- CPR/first aid certifications, teaching certifications, and/or being bilingual are plusses
- $15-$25/hour, based on the position and experience, as a 1099 contractor. This is not an employee position.
- First month's TechShop membership is free, and instructors continue to earn a free membership when teaching 12 hours or more per month.
- Training on tools and classes available.
Interested? Send your resume and a compelling introductory letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Applications must be submitted in this manner in order to be considered. Not all applicants will receive a reply. Please, no phone calls about this position.