|Back to List of Job Openings|
|General Manager -- TechShop DC-Arlington|
|Location: Arlington, VA|
|Job Number: GM-DCA|
TechShop DC-Arlington is looking for a General Manager!
Ever dream of building a world class makerspace next door to the nation’s capital? Here's your chance.
As the General Manager of TechShop DC-Arlington, you will lead the staffing, planning, and management of TechShop's open-access DIY workshop and prototyping studio serving the maker community in the Greater DC area. Our ideal candidate will bring experience and skills that blend design, making, fabricating, and hacking of physical things along with experience managing resources and building, inspiring and coaching smart, highly creative teams of people to achieve goals while exceeding member and community expectations. You will leverage your experience and relationships with local makers, artists, hackerspaces, companies, universities, schools, museums and civic groups to drive membership and engage the maker community with relevant programs focused on membership, education, and events.
|The ideal candidate has the following experience and skill set:|
- Undergraduate degree
- 2 to 4 years experience recruiting, building and leading teams
- Working knowledge and experience in DIY and maker market and/or advanced manufacturing or rapid prototyping
- Track record of successful P&L ownership
- Razor sharp analytical skills; ability to support proposals and recommendations with compelling financial and quantitative information
- Ability to direct B2B sales strategy and manage Account Sales Management processes
- Proven ability to achieve revenue/EBITDA quotas
- Excellent relationships within the local store’s DIY community
Sound like your dream gig? Apply here.