|Back to List of Job Openings|
|Instructors -- TechShop Brooklyn|
|Location: Brooklyn, NY|
|Job Number: INSTR-BKL |
We are looking for talented individuals with teaching experience and a passion for making and building to join our team at TechShop Brooklyn.
More than a building full of amazing tools, TechShop is a community of makers, builders, tinkerers, inventors and interesting people. As such, our instructors are an important element of the shop and are responsible for teaching machine skills, safety, etiquette, and responsibility.
Are you an engaging person who knows how to make using various types of tools and would like to share your knowledge and expertise? We are specifically looking for individuals who are familiar with and can teach two or more of the following areas: sewing, welding, woodworking, microcontroller programming, electronics, CNC machines, machining, vector design, toolpaths, and metal fabrication. We are especially looking for those who have an interest in developing new courses and workshops. Our instructors work as 1099 contractors, teaching a minimum of 12 hours per month.
|Ideal candidates have the following:|
- Ability to inspire and encourage TechShop members
- Ability to work well with others and accommodate changing demands in a busy shop environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience and proficiency in using the equipment safely and effectively
- Reliability and professionalism
- Skills to teach and demonstrate TechShop safety rules, policies and etiquette
- Promote TechShop special offers at the end of class
- Teaching experience preferred
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Report on equipment and material status using Google Forms
- Evaluate student performance (pass/fail)
- Inform TechShop Facilities if class materials are running low or equipment is down
$25/hour. First month's TechShop membership is free, and instructors continue to earn a free membership when teaching 12 hours or more per month.
Get started by filling out an application here.
Applications must be submitted in this manner in order to be considered. Not all applicants will receive a reply. Please, no phone calls about this position.