|Back to List of Job Openings|
|Instructor: Metal/Machine Shop -- TechShop DC-Arlington|
|Job Number: INSTR-DCA|
We are looking for a talented individual with teaching experience and a passion for making and building to join our team at TechShop DC-Arlington.
More than a building full of amazing tools, TechShop is a community of makers, builders, tinkerers, inventors and interesting people. As such, our instructors are an important element of the shop and are responsible for teaching machine skills, safety, etiquette, and responsibility.
Are you a really rad and engaging person who has professional CNC milling experience, especially with the Haas VF-2 or Tormach, and would like to share your knowledge and expertise? Our instructors work as 1099 contractors, teaching a minimum of 12 hours per month.
|We are specifically looking for someone with the following:|
Other desired, but not essential, skills:
- Proficiency designing and fabricating parts on the waterjet
- Proficiency using manual milling machines and metal lathes
- Experience teaching these skills to others
- Teaching experience preferred
- Ability to work well with others and accommodate changing demands in a busy shop environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- MIG and TIG welding
- Sand blasting and powder coating
- Use of various metal cutting and shaping machines
- Start and end class on time
- Teach class content, as directed
- Teach and demonstrate TechShop safety rules, policies and etiquette
- Inspire and encourage TechShop members
- Promote TechShop special offers at the end of class
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Manage class paperwork
- Evaluate student performance (pass/fail)
- Inform TechShop Facilities if class materials are running low
$25/hour, except for teaching the Haas VF-2, which is $45/hour. First month's TechShop membership is free, and instructors continue to earn a free membership when teaching 12 hours or more per month.
Get started by filling out an application here.
Applications must be submitted in this manner in order to be considered. Not all applicants will receive a reply. Please, no phone calls about this position.