|Back to List of Job Openings|
|Dream Consultant -- TechShop St. Louis|
|Location: St. Louis, MO|
|Job Number: DC-STL|
We are now accepting applications for a bright, enthusiastic, self-motivated Jack-or-Jill-of-all-trades to work as a Dream Consultant/facilities technician at TechShop St. Louis.
Dream Consultants interact with and assist our members with their projects and in safely using TechShop's available equipment as well as perform some machine maintenance and general facilities work. This includes materials and consumables inventory and handling and some shop upkeep and cleaning. Experience using basic hand tools is a must. Experience with design software, 3D printing, woodworking, welding, manual and CNC machining is highly desired, but we will train the right applicant.
|The ideal applicant has the following experience and skill set:|
RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to)
- Relevant industry, job or hobbyist experience
- Mentoring or teaching experience
- Fantastic customer service skills and a desire to work closely with people
- Intermediate computer skills: proficiency with the Internet, email, Google Apps, Word and Excel
- Ability to quickly learn the use of new tools and machines
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications
- Ability to effectively communicate shop and member issues
- Ability to maintain a clean and organized shop with attention to detail
- Enjoy the process of learning and sharing skills
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Creating a fun, safe and engaging environment for our members
- Building TechShop’s community through member engagement and support
- Being available to members for questions and assistance
- Giving tours to new and potential members
- Maintaining secured member project storage space
- Teaching Safety and Basic Use (SBU) classes when needed
- Performing consulting, training and prototyping services when needed
- Possessing working knowledge of TechShop tools and equipment
- Performing preventative and repair maintenance on TechShop equipment
- Performing general facilities maintenance, organization and cleaning
- Completion of shift checklists and End of Shift reports
- Knowing and enforcing all TechShop rules and policies
Starting pay is $11-14/hour (benefits available).
Perks include software, tools and equipment training; full-access TechShop membership (plus 1 Friend or Family membership); free classes, workshops and attendance at special events; global network of talented co-workers; and an opportunity to be part of a local and world-changing company!
Sound interesting? Fill out this TechShop St. Louis Dream Consultant application form.
Note: Applications must be submitted in this manner in order to be considered. Please, no phone calls about this position.