|Back to List of Job Openings|
|General Manager - TechShop Brooklyn|
|Location: Brooklyn, NY|
|Job Number: GM-BKL|
TechShop Brooklyn is looking for a General Manager!
Ever dream of managing a world-class makerspace? Here's your chance. As General Manager of TechShop Brooklyn, you will lead the staffing, planning, and management of TechShop's newest open-access DIY workshop and prototyping studio serving the maker community in the greater Brooklyn and NYC area.
You will bring experience that allows you to blend design thinking, making, and hacking of physical things with managing and coaching smart, highly creative people to exceed member and community expectations. You will leverage your experience and relationships with local makers, artists, hackerspaces, corporate partners, universities, schools, museums and civic groups to drive membership and engage the community with relevant programs focused on skill-building, entrepreneurship, education, and events.
|The ideal candidate has the following experience and skill set:|
Visit GM Job Description for a full description of the position and benefits.
- Undergraduate degree
- 2 to 4 years experience recruiting, building and leading teams in retail service environment
- Working knowledge and experience in DIY and maker market and/or advanced manufacturing or rapid prototyping
- Track record of successful P&L ownership
- Razor sharp analytical skills; ability to support proposals and recommendations with compelling financial and quantitative information
- Ability to direct B2B sales strategy and manage Account Sales Management processes
- Proven ability to achieve revenue/EBITDA quotas
- Excellent relationships within the local store’s DIY community
Sound like your dream gig? Complete the following form to apply: GM Application Form