MTL104: Sheet Metal Basics SBU
Class Number 358-117681
Learn to safely use the tools most commonly needed to work with sheet metal. Get first-hand experience using the hydraulic shear, turret punch, slitting shear, corner notcher, finger brake (also called a box brake or pan brake) and spot welder in this Safety and Basic Use (SBU) class. Gain the knowledge to shear (cut), fold, bend, rivet, and punch holes in sheet metal.
Equipment access: Hydraulic shear, turret punch, slitting shear (hand shear) corner notcher, finger brake, and spot welder
Note: These tools cannot be used to make curved surfaces or work with metal thicker than 16 gauge mild steel or aluminum.
Minimum age: 12
Supervision requirements: During class, all 12- to 15-year-old students must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is also enrolled in the class.
When using these tools outside of class time, 12- to 15-year-old members must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian who has passed the SBU.
- Mandatory: Closed-toe shoes, eye protection
- Advised:Hearing protection
Passing this class is a requirement to use this equipment at TechShop
|TechShop Location:||TechShop Detroit-Allen Park|
|Room / Area:||Hot Shop / Sheet Metal Room|
|Class Date:||Friday, Dec 22, 2017|
|Start Time:||10:00 AM|
|Class Length:||3 Hours|
|Member Price:||$80.00 Note: Active membership badge required at class check in.|
|Age Range:||12 and Up|
|Must Attend with Parent:||12 through 15|
Registration Notes and Disclaimers:
- This class has a required minimum enrollment of 2 students, you will be notified via email if it does not meet enrollment the day before the class session.
- All classes at TechShop are subject to change; we make every attempt to notify all registered students.
- Please ensure that we have correct contact information on file to contact you in the event of a schedule change.
- Individuals who register for a class as a member will be asked to present a valid member ID before entering the class. Any non-member taking the class who paid the member price, will be required to pay the difference at the front desk before the class begins.
(Please refer to our Coupon Classes page for a complete list of classes your coupon code is good for)