WLD101: TIG Welding SBU
Class Number 3-117661
Welding is the process of fusing materials together.
Learn how to use the basic TIG (tungsten inert gas) welding equipment in this Safety and Basic Use (SBU) class. Get started creating quality weld beads on mild steel. While this class practices on thin steel, the TIG welder is capable of welding material up to 1/2” thick.
With extensive practice, TIG welding can be used with a wide variety of different metals, producing a very pure, precise, and attractive weld.
Project: No project; just guided practice with an instructor.
Prerequisites: None. However, successful completion of MTL103: Basic Metal Shop will provide access to the cutting and grinding tools needed for working with metal.
Equipment access: TIG welder
Supervision requirements: During class, all 12- to 15-year-old students must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is also enrolled in the class.
When using the welder outside of class time, 12- to 15-year-old members must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian who has passed the SBU.
- Mandatory: Closed-toe shoes made of natural fibers or leather, natural fiber or leather long sleeved shirt, natural fiber or leather long pants. Welding hood, gloves, and jacket will be provided by TechShop.
- Advisable: Leather welding jacket, leather welding pants, leather boots, respirator, and hearing protection.
Passing this class is a requirement to use this equipment at TechShop
|TechShop Location:||TechShop Detroit-Allen Park|
|Room / Area:||Welding Shop|
|Class Date:||Wednesday, Dec 20, 2017|
|Start Time:||10:00 AM|
|Class Length:||2 Hours|
|Member Price:||$120.00 Note: Active membership badge required at class check in.|
|Age Range:||12 and Up|
|Must Attend with Parent:||12 through 15|
Registration Notes and Disclaimers:
- This class has a required minimum enrollment of 2 students, you will be notified via email if it does not meet enrollment the day before the class session.
- All classes at TechShop are subject to change; we make every attempt to notify all registered students.
- Please ensure that we have correct contact information on file to contact you in the event of a schedule change.
- Individuals who register for a class as a member will be asked to present a valid member ID before entering the class. Any non-member taking the class who paid the member price, will be required to pay the difference at the front desk before the class begins.
(Please refer to our Coupon Classes page for a complete list of classes your coupon code is good for)