MAC201: Advanced Milling Machine - Tramming and Precision
Class Number 257-117659
In this advanced skills class, learn the art of tramming, how to make sure the mill and vise are exactly plumb and parallel, and how to precisely square up work. Confidently use a dial test indicator, 1-2-3 block, fly cutter, and deburring stone. Leave with the skill to mill flat and square projects to a very high degree of accuracy. With practice and patience, become a more accurate machinist and competent mill user!
Project: Square an aluminum part
- Required: Successful completion of MAC101: Milling Machine SBU prior to taking this class
- Recommended: At least 10 hours of mill experience
Supervision requirements: All 16- to 17-year-olds must attend class with a parent or guardian and be supervised, while using the mill, by a parent or guardian who has passed the SBU.
- Required: Closed-toe shoes, eye protection, and short sleeves. Tie hair back or secure under a cap and remove jewelry.
- Recommended: Hearing protection
TechShop Location: TechShop Detroit-Allen Park Room / Area: Machine Shop Instructor: Bob Cote Class Date: Thursday, Dec 28, 2017 Start Time: 5:30 PM Class Length: 2 Hours Member Price: $120.00 Note: Active membership badge required at class check in. Non-member Price: $150.00 Lab Fee: None Age Range: 12 and Up Must Attend with Parent: 12 through 17 Min. Students: 2 Max Students: 4 Current Students: 0 Seats Left: 4
Registration Notes and Disclaimers:
- This class has a required minimum enrollment of 2 students, you will be notified via email if it does not meet enrollment the day before the class session.
- All classes at TechShop are subject to change; we make every attempt to notify all registered students.
- Please ensure that we have correct contact information on file to contact you in the event of a schedule change.
- Individuals who register for a class as a member will be asked to present a valid member ID before entering the class. Any non-member taking the class who paid the member price, will be required to pay the difference at the front desk before the class begins.
(Please refer to our Coupon Classes page for a complete list of classes your coupon code is good for)