WOD302: CNC ShopBot SBU
Class Number 214-117642
In this Safety and Basic Use (SBU) class, learn to use the computer-controlled (CNC) ShopBot router to cut objects, parts, or art designed in 2D or 3D CAD.
This powerful tool is perfect for rapid prototyping and digital fabrication. Create parts with complex curves and surfaces from most woods, plastics, foams, and other composites (no metal on this machine). This class teaches the use of the machine, but does not cover CAD drawing or toolpathing. VCarve Pro (CNC 201) is a good starting point for people new to CAD and CAM.
Materials fee: Includes materials for the class project and a router bit for each student to keep.
Project: Wooden gear
Prerequisites: Use of CAD and CAM software like VCarve Pro (CNC 201) and successful completion of Basic Woodshop SBU (WOD101) prior to taking this class are recommended.
Equipment access: CNC ShopBot router
- Required: Closed-toe shoes, short sleeves, no dangling jewelry; tie back long hair
- Advisable: Hearing protection and a particle filter or dust mask
Passing this class is a requirement to use this equipment at TechShop
|TechShop Location:||TechShop Detroit-Allen Park|
|Room / Area:||CNC Production Room|
|Class Date:||Tuesday, Dec 19, 2017|
|Start Time:||6:00 PM|
|Class Length:||3 Hours|
|Member Price:||$120.00 Note: Active membership badge required at class check in.|
|Age Range:||16 and Up|
|Must Attend with Parent:||16 through 17|
Registration Notes and Disclaimers:
- This class has a required minimum enrollment of 2 students, you will be notified via email if it does not meet enrollment the day before the class session.
- All classes at TechShop are subject to change; we make every attempt to notify all registered students.
- Please ensure that we have correct contact information on file to contact you in the event of a schedule change.
- Individuals who register for a class as a member will be asked to present a valid member ID before entering the class. Any non-member taking the class who paid the member price, will be required to pay the difference at the front desk before the class begins.
(Please refer to our Coupon Classes page for a complete list of classes your coupon code is good for)