WKS884: Professional Results from Basic Stitching
Class Number 938-49351
You’ve passed the Basic Home Machine SBU and now you’re excited to start stitching. You can sew a straight line, or maybe you’ve already put together a couple small projects, but you wish you knew a few more tricks and terminology to take your projects to the next level.
Come join us for this Professional Results from Basic Stitching Class! Through demos and practice assignments that you can continue outside of class, we’ll explore key stitching and finishing skills including:
• Stitching precise seam lines (good for achieving clean results and moving on to more advanced construction techniques)
• Stitching a rolled hem (good for shortening pants, jeans, skirts, dresses)
• Stitching a curve (good for inserting sleeves, attaching patches and appliqués, making/repairing soft furnishings and bags)
• Adding a zipper (good for making/repairing clothes, bags and slip covers)
• Top stitching (good for decoration and reinforcing high-tension seams like felled and welt seams)
• Using the zigzag stitch (good for finishing edges, creating button holes and sewing stretchy fabrics)
You’ll also learn tips on ways to prepare and finish your stitched pieces so they have a more professional look when completed.
Requirements: Must have passed the Basic Home Machine SBU, so you are authorized to use this machine
Learner level: You don’t have to be a great stitcher yet – that’s what this class is designed for: to help you become better! Also great if you already know the basics of sewing but want cleaner, more professional results
Bring: Pen and paper for notes, and a readiness to learn!
|TechShop Location:||TechShop Mid-Peninsula|
|Room / Area:|
|Class Date:||Friday, Jun 27, 2014|
|Start Time:||7:30 PM|
|Class Length:||2 Hours|
|Member Price:||$60.00 Note: Active membership badge required at class check in.|
|Age Range:||12 and Up (Contact the store to register students under 13.)|