WOD101: Woodshop Access SBU
Class Number 240-117682
Learn how to safely operate the core woodshop tools in this Access class (formerly called Safety and Basic Use).
After this class, members will have access to the SawStop table saw, sliding compound miter saw, drill press, band saw, and belt and disk sanders. Learn to set up straight cuts (rip and crosscut), mitered cuts, curved cuts, smooth edges, and drill holes.
Project: This class doesn't include a project.
Equipment access: Sliding compound miter saw, table saw, wood drill press, wood band saw, and belt and disc sanders
- Mandatory: Closed-toe shoes, eye protection, short sleeves, face shield
- Advisable: Hearing protection, particle filter, or dust mask
Note: This class does not cover the wood router, the planer, the jointer, or the wood lathe.
Passing this class is a requirement to use this equipment at TechShop
|TechShop Location:||TechShop Detroit-Allen Park|
|Room / Area:||Woodshop|
|Class Date:||Tuesday, Dec 26, 2017|
|Start Time:||6:00 PM|
|Class Length:||2.5 Hours|
|Member Price:||$80.00 Note: Active membership badge required at class check in.|
|Age Range:||12 and Up|
|Must Attend with Parent:||12 through 15|
Registration Notes and Disclaimers:
- This class has a required minimum enrollment of 2 students, you will be notified via email if it does not meet enrollment the day before the class session.
- All classes at TechShop are subject to change; we make every attempt to notify all registered students.
- Please ensure that we have correct contact information on file to contact you in the event of a schedule change.
- Individuals who register for a class as a member will be asked to present a valid member ID before entering the class. Any non-member taking the class who paid the member price, will be required to pay the difference at the front desk before the class begins.
(Please refer to our Coupon Classes page for a complete list of classes your coupon code is good for)