CNC401: CNC Waterjet Cutter SBU
Class Number 398-117680
In this Safety and Basic Use (SBU) class, learn to safely operate the waterjet cutter, one of the most powerful tools at TechShop.
Precisely cut almost any flat material with a very thin, high pressure stream of water and abrasive garnet. Work with everything from the thinnest sheet metal to 8 inches of granite, as well as wood, glass, tile, marble, and more. This extremely versatile, easy-to-program, and low-waste machine works without the risk of heat damage. The large bed accommodates full sheets of material.
Class time is split between learning the FlowPath software and using the waterjet.
Note: When using the FlowJet, a consumables fee will be charged, only for cutting time, not setup time. The waterjet cuts quickly and cost estimate strategies will be covered.
Project: Gear-shaped bottle opener
- Required: Understanding of vector-based graphics
- Recommended: CAD to CAM experience
- Required: Wear closed-toe shoes, remove dangling jewelry, and tie back long hair
- Advisable: Hearing protection
TechShop Detroit's waterjet cutter has a worktable of 6'6" x 10'1", cutting material up to 4" thick.
Passing this class is a requirement to use this equipment at TechShop
|TechShop Location:||TechShop Detroit-Allen Park|
|Room / Area:||Hot Shop / Sheet Metal Room|
|Class Date:||Thursday, Dec 21, 2017|
|Start Time:||10:00 AM|
|Class Length:||4 Hours|
|Member Price:||$120.00 Note: Active membership badge required at class check in.|
|Age Range:||16 and Up|
|Must Attend with Parent:||16 through 17|
Registration Notes and Disclaimers:
- This class has a required minimum enrollment of 2 students, you will be notified via email if it does not meet enrollment the day before the class session.
- All classes at TechShop are subject to change; we make every attempt to notify all registered students.
- Please ensure that we have correct contact information on file to contact you in the event of a schedule change.
- Individuals who register for a class as a member will be asked to present a valid member ID before entering the class. Any non-member taking the class who paid the member price, will be required to pay the difference at the front desk before the class begins.
(Please refer to our Coupon Classes page for a complete list of classes your coupon code is good for)