CNC301: CNC Tormach Milling Machine SBU
Class Number 250-117664
In this class, learn to use the CNC (computer-controlled) mill. This machine is the perfect combination of precision and power for any prototyping or hobby milling needs. Learn to convert G-code (created in InventorCAM, Cut 3D or VCarve Pro) into actual parts made from aluminum, steel, and even titanium.
Materials fee: Includes materials for the class project and an end mill for each student to keep.
Project: Bottle opener
Prerequisites: CAD experience, ability to create G-code, and experience with conventional milling are recommended.
Equipment access: CNC milling machine
- Required: Wear closed-toe shoes, tie hair back or secure under a cap, and remove all jewelry.
- Advisable: Hearing protection
Passing this class is a requirement to use this equipment at TechShop
|TechShop Location:||TechShop Detroit-Allen Park|
|Room / Area:||Machine Shop|
|Class Date:||Tuesday, Dec 19, 2017|
|Start Time:||10:00 AM|
|Class Length:||3 Hours|
|Member Price:||$120.00 Note: Active membership badge required at class check in.|
|Age Range:||16 and Up|
|Must Attend with Parent:||16 through 17|
Registration Notes and Disclaimers:
- This class has a required minimum enrollment of 2 students, you will be notified via email if it does not meet enrollment the day before the class session.
- All classes at TechShop are subject to change; we make every attempt to notify all registered students.
- Please ensure that we have correct contact information on file to contact you in the event of a schedule change.
- Individuals who register for a class as a member will be asked to present a valid member ID before entering the class. Any non-member taking the class who paid the member price, will be required to pay the difference at the front desk before the class begins.
(Please refer to our Coupon Classes page for a complete list of classes your coupon code is good for)