WLD103: Oxy-Acetylene Torch SBU
Class Number 5-117656
In this Safety and Basic Use (SBU) class, learn to use an oxy-acetylene torch to cut and weld steel. Oxy welding uses a mixture of fuel and oxygen powerful enough to join two pieces of steel or gentle enough to braze aluminum, stainless steel, or copper. Make durable welds with this versatile, fun, and easy-to-learn torch.
Project: Guided practice with an instructor
Prerequisites: None. However, MTL103: Basic Metal Shop is recommended.
Equipment access:Oxy-acetylene torch
Minimum age: 16
Supervision requirements: During class, all 16- and 17-year-old students must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is also enrolled in the class.
When using the welder outside of class time, 16- and 17-year-old members must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian who has passed the SBU.
- Mandatory: Closed-toe shoes made of natural fibers or leather, natural fiber or leather long sleeved shirt,natural fiber or leather long pants. Welding glasses, gloves, and jacket will be provided by TechShop.
- Advisable: Leather welding jacket, leather welding pants, leather boots, respirator
Passing this class is a requirement to use this equipment at TechShop
|TechShop Location:||TechShop Detroit-Allen Park|
|Room / Area:||Welding Shop|
|Class Date:||Thursday, Dec 28, 2017|
|Start Time:||6:00 PM|
|Class Length:||2 Hours|
|Member Price:||$120.00 Note: Active membership badge required at class check in.|
|Age Range:||12 and Up|
|Must Attend with Parent:||12 through 15|
Registration Notes and Disclaimers:
- This class has a required minimum enrollment of 2 students, you will be notified via email if it does not meet enrollment the day before the class session.
- All classes at TechShop are subject to change; we make every attempt to notify all registered students.
- Please ensure that we have correct contact information on file to contact you in the event of a schedule change.
- Individuals who register for a class as a member will be asked to present a valid member ID before entering the class. Any non-member taking the class who paid the member price, will be required to pay the difference at the front desk before the class begins.
(Please refer to our Coupon Classes page for a complete list of classes your coupon code is good for)